Monday, April 14, 2008

Sometimes, Introspection is Good

I'm always complaining about how I feel like our life is like the proverbial roller-coaster... full of highs and lows mixed with both exhiliration and fear, but always seemingly in fast-forward. While that sounds fun (and it usually is!), sometimes I just want to hop off for a little bit so I can get my head to stop spinning.

Last week I did just that, at least for an hour or so after everyone had went to bed. I decided that I need to establish some guidelines for daily living in an effort to preserve what is left of my sanity... and in order to be a better person in general.

So here's what I came up with (with a pretty presentation of course!):

In case you can't read it, these are My Rules for Every Day...

  • Complete a task ahead of schedule
  • Do something to satisfy my creative side
  • Take action to better my health because I want to be around a good long time
  • Work only 7:30am to 3:30pm (or thereabouts) every day, the rest is family time
  • Make sure to do something to make Eric's life easier because he does so much already
  • Spend as much time with Caiden because he's growing up so fast
  • Talk to a family member or friend today, because I can
  • If I just can't get something out of my mind, write it down
  • Do at least one nice thing for myself today, and one nice thing for someone else
  • Remember to pray everyday and let God help me not worry and stress so much
  • ... and ...
  • Allow myself the freedom to break one of these rules for the day!

Alright, so truth be told I haven't fully implemented my rules yet. But I'm working on it :)

No comments: