Thursday, May 1, 2008

That's How I Roll

Let's take a moment to remember my old car, because it is no longer with us! Well, maybe with some other schmuck, but not me.

After spending $650 in car repairs a few weeks ago (this was one in a series of costly repairs in the last year or so), I took my Rendezvous to the shop last weekend because the breaks felt a little funny. Turns out to fix all the major things currently wrong with it, it'd cost $1650! Bleh, no thanks. After some heavy-duty pondering, I decided to ditch this lemon once and for all. Besides, who wants to wait around wondering when the transmission will go or the head gasket blows? From others' experience with the '02 Rondy, these are the next things that will most likely happen.

So anyway, I got a new car! I'm trying on a foreign car for size this time... an '06 Kia Sorento. Gas mileage is pretty bad, but it's the best fit for our family and budget. So far, I just love it. It's color is "Ice Blue" and it's a 2 wheel drive that with the flip of a switch becomes a 4 wheel drive (should make the snow and ice less trecherous this winter!). Here's a peak:





No comments: