Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ahh... to read a book :)

Alright, so let me premise this by saying that I have not read a whole book, excluding work-related texts *bah!*, since 2005 BC... Before Caiden. I just love to read, but haven't found a free block of time in the last few years that didn't beg to be napped through. People weren't kidding when they told me to sleep all I could while I was pregnant, because it's certainly a lost luxury with a baby and a full-time job.

So anyway, I bought a book! Yeah! On sale of course :) AND, most importantly I've actually started reading it. I'm only a chapter deep, but so far so good. It's called "Slummy Mummy" by Fiona Neill. It's an endearing but funny story about a career woman who decided to stay at home with the kids, but never quite got the hang of all that domestic stuff. For those of you who liked Bridget Jones' Diary... it's kind of like her with kids and a husband. Full of wry wit, embarassing moments, and a character that is easy to relate to.

"Slummy Mummy: The Secret Life of Lucy Sweeney is a hilarious novel about the dilemmas of modern marriage and motherhood for those who never discovered their inner domestic goddess. Pitch-perfect and satisfyingly smart, it offers a lovable, flawed character who resonates, entertains, and undoubtedly has it worse than you do. "
Okay, so it's not an epic novel but a light easy read is just what I need! Now if I can get through this one without too many sleepless nights, I think I'll go ahead and try another book. I have what promises to be a great read that my friend Erika loaned me... I just have to remember where I safely put it away! (Seems I've inherited the I-put-it-somewhere-safe syndrome from my mom, who also can never remember where that safe place is until it's totally non-relevent. Gotta love her!)

Oh and by the way, I just have to mention before I go that I ordered myself something I've been wanting/needing for a long time now... a 500GB external hard drive. Yep, you heard that right! Not a long day at the spa, not an expensive new outfit, not an indulgent piece of jewelry... but a nice shiny compartmentalized piece of technological wonderfulness that will solve all of my photo storage woes! And that's not a typo, it's really 500GB. Too put it in perspective, my dilapidated but dependable little outdated laptop only has a total of 40GB.

5000+ digital photos already, gazillions more to go! *whee!*
I am such a nerd :)

No comments: